Home About GS EPS Overview GS EPS
GS EPS is on track to be the best independent power producer in Korea
On track to be the best independent power producer in Korea while creating a better future for our customers & local communities
- As the power generation company of GS Group and the first Independent Power Producer in Korea,
- GS EPS is the environment-friendly energy enterprise to generate and provide electricity using the clean fuel such as natural gas and bio energy.
- Established in 1996, GS EPS has been operating four LNG Fired Combined Cycle Power Plants with a total capacity of 2,406MW and two Biomass Power Plants with a total capacity of 210MW in Dangjin, Chungnam Province.
- GS EPS has played a leading role in domestic power generation business, including the installation of the first H-Class gas turbine in Korea and the construction of the largest Biomass Power Plant in Aisa, and is expanding its business overseas through stake investment in Linden Cogeneration Complex in New Jersey.
- GS EPS is focusing its capabilities on finding new businesses that will become new growth engines in the future, including foreign power generation projects and renewable energy projects, and will grow into a world-class power company based on its expertise in power generation projects.
- 2009 “Top Plant Award” as chosen by Power Magazine(USA)
- Contributed to stabilization of national supply and demand for electricity
- Stable revenue from Phase1 through PPA
(Power Purchase Agreement) with Korea Electric Power Corporation
- Phase2 leads in CBP (Cost-Based generation Pool) with its high efficiency Environmental and Social Responsibility
- Generating and providing electricity using clean fuel and natural gas
- Actively promoting renewable energy such as fuel cells and biomass power plants at domestic and abroad
- Working toward a solution for global climate change issues through innovation and operational know-how
- A culture of sharing and win-win situations in all dealings led by management