Home About GS EPS Overview GS EPS
GS EPS is on track to be the best independent power producer in Korea
On track to be the best independent power producer in Korea while creating a better future for our customers & local communities
- As the power generation company of GS Group and the first Independent Power Producer in Korea,
- GS EPS is the environment-friendly energy enterprise to generate and provide electricity using the clean fuel such as natural gas and bio energy.
- Established in 1996, GS EPS has been operating Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3, and Phase 4 of the LNG Fired Combined Cycle Power Plant with a total capacity of 2,406MW in Dangjin, Chungnam Province, Asia’s largest Biomass Power Plant with a total capacity of 105MW and Fuel Cell Power Plant with a total capacity of 2.4MW.
- In addition to currently operating Power Plants, GS EPS is expanding its business area including Wind Power Plant with a total capacity of 30MW in Gimnyeong, Jeju Island.
- Above all achievements described above, GS EPS is constantly trying to secure the new growth engines of the company by launching a power business with renewable energy such as wind power, solar power at domestic and international level.
- As a globally renowned energy company in Korea and around the world, GS EPS is continuously striving to grow as a world-wide Power company with own specialty and expertise.
- 2009 “Top Plant Award” as chosen by Power Magazine(USA)
- Contributed to stabilization of national supply and demand for electricity
- Stable revenue from Phase1 through PPA
(Power Purchase Agreement) with Korea Electric Power Corporation
- Phase2 leads in CBP (Cost-Based generation Pool) with its high efficiency Environmental and Social Responsibility
- Generating and providing electricity using clean fuel and natural gas
- Actively promoting renewable energy such as fuel cells and biomass power plants at domestic and abroad
- Working toward a solution for global climate change issues through innovation and operational know-how
- A culture of sharing and win-win situations in all dealings led by management